Pineapples are one of the most delicious and beautiful tropical fruit. Full of juicy flavors and sweetness, this fruit is simple unique and out of the World.
Pineapple belongs to the Bromeliaceae family and is actually a composite fruit made of coalesced berries that grow at the crown of a fruiting tree. The name pineapple evolved in the 17th century due to its structure and appearance being similar to pine cones. Historically, Hawaii had the largest production of pineapples, but they are now cultivated in large quantities in Brazil, the Philippines, and Costa Rica. That being said, the fruit is native to Paraguay and Brazil, and possibly parts of the Caribbean. The exact evolution of pineapple as a popular global fruit is still unknown; however, it is believed that pineapple was first brought to Europe following Christopher Columbus’s return in 1493.
Famous all across the World, Pineapple constitutes as one of a prime ingredient in various desserts, curd, rice, curries etc. It has been celebrated for centuries not only for its unique taste but also for its miraculous health benefits.
This time, our 138th #FoodieMonday Bloghop theme was Pineapples and hence I prepared this common yet uncommon Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Raspberry cream. Let’s have a look at the recipe.
- 1 Delmonte Pineapple Can
- 4 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- Raspberry essence
- Few drops of wilton red color
- In a springform tin, arrange the Pineapple slices on the base. Cover it with brown sugar which will act as caramel
- Now, whisk white sugar and oil together till smooth. Add eggs and beat it well.
- Now mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt well.
- Fold the dry mixture and the wet mixture together alternating it with Buttermilk
- Once a smooth batter is formed, pour it over the pre-arranged cake tin
- Bake well at 170 degrees for 35 mins.
- Cool it for 15 mins and then open the tin
- Arrange the cake on the rack to cool
- Beat cream till soft peaks are formed. Add raspberry essence and Wilton red color
- Beat till hard peaks are formed
- Do the icing on top of the cake with your choice of icing tip.
- Pineapple Upside Down cake with raspberry cream is ready
For amazing discussions around the cuisines of the World, join my Facebook Food group – From the diaries of great cooks!
Let’s also get connected on Instagram – @KrispyKadhai 🙂
Bon appetito! 🙂
Disclaimer : All the images belong to Krispy Kadhai and any kind of Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
Check out the delicious Pineapple Fried Rice here.