Come Summer and the markets get flooded with variety of fruits – Watermelons, Melons, Litchi, Peaches, Mulberries, Cherries etc. Every fruit has its own addiction but one fruit which stands apart amongst all the age groups is Mangoes. From kids to oldies every one love mangoes and swear by it. To be very honest, I am less fond of this world favorite food as i love water based fruits more, but when combined in a dessert form, mango is a family favorite. 🙂
From shakes to icecreams to cakes to salad, each and every recipe using this versatile ingredient taste best. This time our 147th #FoodieMonday bloghop theme is Mangoes, and after giving a lot of thought, I came up with this simple yet unique dessert of Summer Dreams.
Why I named it Summer Dreams? 😀
Reason is the fan of mangoes wait for the whole year to get these delectable fruit and they dream of the upcoming summer when all they can do is to relish their favorite fruits. Isn’t it? 🙂
Lets have a look on the recipe.
Preparation time: 15 mins + 2 hours chilling time
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Home made / Store bought Cherry compote
- 1 cup Mango puree
- 2 tsp Gelatin or Agar Agar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Whip the cream till it forms soft peaks
- Add cream cheese and icing sugar. Whip again till hard peaks are formed
- Soak Agar Agar in warm water for 10 mins till completely dissolve
- Once cool, add mango puree and keep it aside
- Now take your dessert cups
- Arrange a layer of whip cream cheese and a layer of cherry compote alternately so that the top layer is of cream cheese.
- Keep it in fridge for 20 mins
- Arrange a layer of Mango puree on the top
- Refrigerate for an hour or two.
- Your delicious bowl of summer dreams is ready
- Top it with cherries or your favorite basil leaves 🙂
The best part about this dessert is, it is so so so beautiful that it becomes a real dream.
Do try it for sure and let me know your feedback.
For amazing discussions around the cuisines of the World, join my Facebook Food group – From the diaries of great cooks!
Let’s also get connected on Instagram – @KrispyKadhai 🙂
Bon appetito! 🙂