Hush, Can you hear it?
The rustling in the grass,
Bringing you the welcome news
Winter’s day is past.
Soft, Can you feel it?
The warm caressing breeze,
Telling you the sticky buds
Are bursting on the trees.
Look, Can you see them?
The primrose in the lane,
Now you must believe it –
Spring is here again.
Come February and every where there’s a beautiful charm…Cool winds…Buds blossoming…Smiling sun and Starry nights…Everywhere there’s a feeling of laughter and love… There’s a fragrance of soulful spring season which makes every heart dance on the tunes… 🙂
Celebrating the same season of love and laughter, this time we, Foodie Monday Bloghop team decided to come up with something beautiful and soulful – synergizing with Love in the air and hence we decided to celebrate the #SeasonOfRed through our dishes.
After giving a lot of thoughts, I finally decoded the feelings I get when I hear the word – Red in February and all I recalled was – Red means Love, Care, Laughter, Sense of simplicity, Fruits, Feelings and Emotions. 🙂 Wow…These words were enough to gave me an idea to create a beauty which was going to be known as Letters of LOVE….And I came up to create a beautiful synergy between a fruit and a baked delight – And there I am.
Presenting my delish and beautiful Strawberry Envelopes which are in the shape of Envelopes and are delectably known as – Strawberry Envelopes – Letters of Love. 🙂
Prepared with home made Strawberry compote and handcrafted pie dough – This dish will surely gonna steal your hearts and you would love to send these letters to your loved ones.
Let’s have a look at the recipe –
Preparation time: 35 mins
Baking time: 15 mins
For Pie Dough
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾th Cup Butter
- ¼th Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cold Water
- 1 Pack Fresh Strawberries – Cleaned and sliced
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 lemon juice
For Pie Dough
First let’s knead the pie dough and let it rest. Till the time it will be ready to use, we will be done with all our preparations.
- Take all purpose flour in a bowl and add sugar. Mix well. Now add diced butter and mix it well using your fingers. Don’t use any spoon or ladle to mix. Do it with fingers as it will make sure that every bit of flour has a buttery flavor to it. After 5-1o mins, you will start noticing crumbled texture of the flour. Dip your fingers in cold water and keep mixing it lightly. Once the dough is kneaded, it will be rough crumbled dough, cover it in a cling film and let it rest in fridge for 30 mins
For Strawberry compote
- Heat pan and put finely chopped strawberries.
- Add sugar and keep the flames on sim.
- Let it simmer for good 10 mins. Add lemon juice.
- Strawberry compote is ready. Cool it!
To create envelopes –
- Roll out the dough in a circle and cut diamond shapes out of it
- Now put strawberry compote at the center and wrap up the dough on the other three corners
- Cut out mini heart shapes and put them on the center
- Envelopes are ready 🙂
- Now bake them at 130 degrees for 15 mins or till they turn light golden
- Strawberry Envelopes are ready
Put them in a basket and send these letters of love to your loved one this Valentine. 🙂 Hope you all loved the recipe. Do share your views and comments below.
For amazing discussions around the cuisines of the World, join my Facebook Food group – From the diaries of great cooks!
Let’s also get connected on Instagram – @KrispyKadhai 🙂
Bon appetito! 🙂
This recipe is dedicated to 131st Foodie Monday Bloghop wherein theme for this week is #SeasonOfRed
Disclaimer : All the images belong to Krispy Kadhai and Any kind of Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
Recipe inspiration: http://lizbushong.com/cherry-pie-pastry-envelope/