Makar Sakranti is a traditional Indian festival celebrated all across India. Makara Sankranti also known as Makar Sankranti or Sakrant, marks the transition of the sun into the zodiacal sign of Makara (Capricorn) on its celestial path, which is the first change in the zodiac after the winter solstice. The festival is celebrated in various parts of the Indian subcontinent to observe the day which marks the shift of the sun into ever-lengthening days. The festival is a seasonal observance as well as a religious celebration. [ Source: Wiki ]
To observe Makar Sakranti, people do celebrate it with delicious food, kite flying festival and dance. Peanuts, Corn, Seasame, Jaggery are few of the traditional yet exclusive delicacies which are used in various preparations. At my hometown, though the ritual is to prepare khichdi and serve it to the needy, this year I decided to break the same and move ahead with a delish fusion recipe which not only use the winter veggies and seasame seeds but also give a beautiful tribute to the colorful and fresh crops of Winter season.
With a mix of crispy and juicy vegetables, hereby presenting my delish Stir Fried Veggies in unique garlic seasame sauce. This recipe is dedicated to our 126th Foodie Monday Bloghop wherein theme for this week was #SakrantiSpecialRecipe.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 7 mins
- 1 Brocolli – Florets
- 1 pack Mushroom – Cut in halves
- Baby Corn – Sliced
- 2 Carrots – Diced
- Red Yellow Bell Peppers – Diced
- 2 tbsp Green Garlic Chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
For the sesame sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp butter
- Salt – as per taste
- Black pepper grounded – as per taste
- Heat olive oil and stir fry all the veggies well for 5 mins
- Don’t overcook. Keep them on high flame and keep stirring lightly
- Sprinkle chopped green garlic
- Keep aside the wok
- For the sesame sauce, heat butter and add garlic. Add water and lemon juice. Let it simmer for a min. Add salt and black pepper
- Now put the wok back on high flame. Pour sesame sauce all over. Mix well on high flame only for few seconds
- Serve hot 🙂
For amazing discussions around the cuisines of the World, join my Facebook Food group – From the diaries of great cooks!
Let’s also get connected on Instagram – @KrispyKadhai 🙂
Bon appetito! 🙂
Disclaimer : All the images belong to Krispy Kadhai and Any kind of Plagiarism will not be tolerated.