A long long time has passed since I have written something…Days are just getting spent and the nights are just lingering on…Every time I prepare something, I think of writing about it and discussing with all the grand chefs out here…but most of the time…It gets missed. This Monday, I was super eager to write and post about the most recent innovative and nutrition rich recipe which I have created. Though it took me good amount of time to pull my lazy bums up and get the blog on but finally I am thankful that I did it.
This is one of the most nutrition rich and innovative recipe from my end. I have never prepared it before but I am sure I am going to prepare it every other month now..considering the fall season is IN.
Lets have a look on the recipe –
Prep Time: 20 mins
Baking time: 45 mins
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour || 1/2 cup Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 100 gms Unsalted butter
- Roasted almonds and Seasame seeds
- 1/2 Cup chocochips
- 1 cup boiled, cool and mashed pumpkin
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 cups Fruit puree or any Fruit pulp mashed
- 2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- Sift Flours, Baking soda, Baking powder and salt together for 4-5 times.Keep it aside.
- Put your oven for preheating at 180 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar together till light and smooth.
- Add egg yolks and keep beating lightly.
- If the mixture is bit thick, add 1 tbsp milk first and mix it lightly.
- Now add the all dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Mix well. If the batter seems too thick, add rest of the milk. ( 1 tbsp)
- Mix mashed pumpkin along with vanilla essence and fruit puree
- Now beat the egg white till soft peaks are formed. Add powdered sugar and keep beating till glossy hard peaks are formed.
- Mix it immediately into the cake mixture.
- Add roasted almonds, sesame seeds and chocochips
- Grease your cake mould well with butter or olive oil.
- Put the mixture into it and spread it evenly all around.
- Bang the mould lightly on the slab to release any trapped air bubbles.
- Now put it in oven and bake for 45 mins at 180 degrees.
- Do the toothpick test and if required, do continue baking till the toothpick comes out clean. But cover the top with aluminium foil to avoid burning of the cake. 🙂
Celebrating the #PumpkinTreats in this 163rd Foodie Monday Bloghop with this delish cake!! 🙂
For more fun filled discussions about cuisines and food all over let’s connect on my Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FromTheDiariesOfGreatCooks/
Disclaimer: All the images of this blog belongs to Krispy Kadhai. Any plagiarism will not be tolerated