My garden lies between the trees,
Where lilies dance in gentle breeze,
And lilacs whisper pretty please,
To a butterfly’s caressing tease.
Nearby glows the buttercups,
Where honeybees come to sup,
While hummingbirds on branches squint,
To catch a glimpse of hyacinths,
And daffodils in yellow coats,
Sway to songbirds dulcet notes.
Queen Anne’s lace is also grown,
With Forget-me-nots and anemones,
But the rose in beauty stands alone,
And smiles demurely from her throne.
Poetry by: Joseph May
Flowers are the most beautiful and delicate gift of Nature. Each and every flower has a story to tell… through it’s color, through it’s fragrance, through it’s beauty… These flowers makes us feel happy and fresh… they make us feel positive and believe in dreams. They hear our silence, relish our moments, understand our feelings and spread the color of warmth in our lives.
I have just returned from my hometown – Allahabad. After a long long time, we got an opportunity to visit and relax with the family…we ate, we celebrated, we relished, we enjoyed, we took rest and we made memories…together! 🙂 Fortunately this time, most of the plants at my home were blooming with beautiful flowers… Just have a sneekpeak into these tiny precious blooms spreading their warmth everywhere…
And you know the best part? All the gardening and plantations are being taken care by my dad…He loves to do gardening and makes sure that each and every plant is loved and being taken care of. 🙂 These plants are well taken care of and tended to grow healthy and beautiful. [ Don’t go on the current look as it’s raining heavily at Allahabad and grass is growing tooo fast 😛 ] Amongst all the plants, my favorites are these hibiscus and roses. I love them! 🙂
This time as our 99th Foodie Monday Bloghop – we have #FlowerRecipes as a theme.
This lovely recipe of Lilac and Rose Flavored Fruit Cake is all what I dedicate to it! 🙂 Let’s have a look on the recipe!
Preparation time: 20 mins
Baking time: 40 mins
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups mixed apples and mangoes – Chopped
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 50 gms butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp White Rose essence
- 2 tsp Lilac leaves
- 2 eggs – ( white and yolk separated)
- 2 tbsp Coke or any juice for feeding the cake
- Sift APF, Baking soda, Baking powder and salt together for 4-5 times.Keep it aside.
- Put your oven for preheating at 180 degrees.
- Beat butter and icing sugar together till light and smooth.
- Add egg yolk and keep beating lightly.
- If the mixture is bit thick, add 1 tbsp milk first and mix it lightly.
- Now add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Mix well. If the batter seems too thick, add rest of the milk. ( 1 tbsp)
- Mix apples and mangoes along with rose essence and lilac leaves
- Now beat the egg white till soft peaks are formed. Add powdered sugar and keep beating till glossy hard peaks are formed.
- Mix it immediately into the cake mixture.
- Grease your bundt cake mould well with butter or olive oil.
- Put the mixture into it and spread it evenly all around.
- Bang the mould lightly on the slab to release any trapped air bubbles.
- Now put it in oven and bake for 50 mins at 180 degrees.
- Do the toothpick test and if required, do continue baking till the toothpick comes out clean. But cover the top with aluminium foil to avoid burning of the cake. 🙂
- Your Lilac Rose flavored fruit cake is ready.
Let is cool down completely before de-moulding it.
The fruity taste and the aroma of fresh flowers truly make this cake a delight. Serve it with Vanilla ice-cream or simply with hand blended coffee!
Do share your feedback on the recipe here in comments.
For more fun filled discussions about cuisines and food all over let’s connect on my Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FromTheDiariesOfGreatCooks/
Disclaimer: All the images of this blog belongs to Krispy Kadhai. Any plagiarism will not be tolerated