When it come to vegetables and fruits, Earth has wide and beautiful range to offer. Each and every edible vegetable is delicious in it’s own way and the colors often give a tough competition to the colors of the dawn and dusk. From soiled potatoes to tall bean trees, from violet brinjals to red bell peppers… Nature’s has bestowed it’s beautiful blessings in various shades…which we can always count. There’s is nothing which is less rather everything is abundant.
But yes as someone has said truly –
” Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed. “
I being a pure vegetarian loves to come up with various innovative recipes and that too from unique ingredients. As per various people mindsets, vegetarian meals mainly means – Dal and Paneer. But NO. It’s not like that… Vegetarian meals has one of the widest range of ingredients available and it’s a magic of certain mix and match of spices which always gives you a plethora of unique recipes from single ingredient.
One of the most unique and special ingredient for me is Raw Bananas. And the reason is it’s soft yet crunchy texture, subtle flavor and flexibility to be used in any recipe. Be it Koftas or Fries or Crispies or Kebabs, Raw Bananas are a perfect fit and always give something different.
On this 89th Foodie Monday Bloghop, our theme is #RawBananas and I have prepared these delicious vegan kebabs which are soft, succulent and melt-in-the-mouth. Let’s have a look at the recipe.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 6 Raw Bananas – Boiled and Peeled
- 1 Potato – Boiled and Peeled
- 2 tbsp Home made kebab masala [ Recipe shared ]
- 1/2 cup – Mint leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp Chana dal grounded
- 1 tbsp Ginger – Garlic paste
- Salt as per taste
- Olive oil to fry
- Mash raw bananas and potato together
- Add Ginger-Garlic paste, Mint leaves and grounded Chana Dal
- Add Kebab Masala
For Kebab Masala – Take 10 cloves, 10 black pepper, 2 badi elaichi, 1 piece javitri, 1 inch cinnamon stick, 1 tsp seasame seeds, 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds, 2 Green Cardamons and 1 tsp kashmiri mirch powder. Roast all the ingredients ( apart from kashmiri mirch powder) together. Let them cool down and grind well in the grinder. Now add Kashmiri mirch powder. Your Kebab Masala is ready!
- Mix everything well. Add salt
- Now make small balls out of the dough
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan. Put the Kebab balls and let it get cooked
- Flip them carefully by a ladle as it may break if done in hurry
- Since it will be made on a pan and in a very less oil, it will take time to get cooked. But once done, it will be most succulent and crisp Kebabs that will melt in your mouth instantly
Your Raw Banana Kebabs are ready. Serve them with french fries and Mint dip! 🙂