Chia Chocolate Pudding is absolutely a modern infusion of age old granny’s pudding. Prepared in the most simplistic way, this pudding is utterly nutritious and gives a delectable flavors of fruits and chocolate. We used to have kheer, sevaiyaan, laddu, halwas and of course the lovely caramel custard along with many unique variations like Mishti Doi, Sweet Honey Pudding etc etc. Incorporating modern elements into your age old cooking delicacies makes it absolutely delectable and you relish the old memories also. Isn’t it? 🙂
As you all know that I have started a series of recipe using seeds since fortnight, my third experiment goes with the Chia seeds by using True Elements Chia seeds, from True Elements, in my traditional recipe. True elements offers a range of high-quality snacks and supplements that are inspired by natural foods consumed by our ancestors. Let’s learn little about the Chia seeds before moving forward.
Chia seeds are harvested from a mint family plant especially basil. They are one of the oldest forms of nutrition staple to Mayan diets. When soaked in water, they swell into gel-like globules. These seeds are like a dream come true seeds for fitness freaks and weight watchers because of its rich nutritional content.
- Chia Seeds Deliver a Massive Amount of Nutrients With Very Few Calories
- Chia Seeds Are Loaded With Antioxidants
- Almost All The Carbs in Them Are Fiber
- Chia Seeds Are High in Quality Protein
- Chia Seeds Are High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids[ Source: authoritynutrition.com ]
We can have lot of recipes with these seeds… Use it in your puddings or sprinkle it over your salads, mix it with your soups or eat it as a snack…Choice is yours!
Let’s have a look on the recipe!
Preparation time: 10 mins + Overnight soaking time
Serving time: 10 mins
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup True Elements Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Muesli
- Fresh fruits sliced
- Mix Milk + Chia Seeds + Cocoa Powder + Honey well
- Let it rest overnight
- Arrange the Chia mixture and Muesli alternatively in your serving jar
- Top it up with fresh fruits and chocolate shreds
- Your nutritious cup is ready!
I have started a series of authentic ancient recipes as well as modern lookover recipes prepared using some finest of the True Element ingredients… Stay tuned!
Do share your feedback and do share your traditional recipes… Check out my unique recipe of Kashmiri Matar Moti right here: Click
For more discussions on Food, join my Facebook Food group:
Bon appetit! 🙂