Love…a beautiful hue…an unforgettable tale…a moment to live in…a price to pay…a poetry to recite…a tune to relive…and a promise to hold!
By: ANNE BRADSTREET
Love is religion for me where no one can divide no matter how hard they try…it’s a prayer for me and it’s an element which makes me what I am… My love story is a very simple beautiful tale which started in a college 10 years back… Just like any regular hindi movie stuff.. we met for the first time as classmates and had a big fight in the 2nd hour due to seating issue…as usual ego clashed…attitude clashed and 6 months gone… We even didn’t know that both of us belong to the same city and stay at just a distance of 3 kms in our hometown…we were so much engrossed in our own lives and attitude fight that we didn’t even bothered… But that said – Life has it’s own plans and for us also same thing happened… One fine day we met again face to face through a common friend and to keep the things on a lighter note simply said hi-hello for formality…One single ‘Hi’ and One common friend…Life took a beautiful turn and our love story blossomed unknowingly…Time passed and we fell in the hands of Reliance Mobile which used to offer Free R to R call… 😀 Classroom studies, Notes making, Exam preparations, Hostel stories, Friends bitching, Crush discussions, Outing plans… All thanks to Reliance 😀 and today after 12 nostalgic years of meeting, 10 amazing years of loving along with 4 beautiful years of wedding…We are here together as AbhisheKriti 🙂 🙂 …
My hubby is little soft on health but throws extreme tantrums for eating healthy food… Junk is his favorite and apart from that Dal-Chawal but again I being extremely experimental, I can’t live on only two extreme points so I always come up with his favorite dishes using the healthiest ingredients which he can’t even imagine 😀 … Making him eat fresh greens and fresh fruits is the art which only I own till date… not even his mum can make him eat it… 😀
This year my prime focus is on healthy recipes which can cater to all the age groups and continuing the same lane…hereby I present my Chocolicious Almond Honey Cake this Valentine. 🙂 This cake is made for 79th Foodie Monday Bloghop wherein our theme is #Valentine. Let’s have a look on the recipe!
Preparation time: 20 mins
Baking time: 45 mins
- 1/2 cup Multi-grain flour
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 3 eggs – White and yolk separated
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 gms nutralite
- 50 gms brown sugar
- 50 gms castor sugar
- 50 gms honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Handful of mixed dry fruits like walnut, almonds and cashews
- 2 cups dark chocolate shredded or chocolate chips
- Beat egg yolks + nutralite well
- Add brown sugar, castor sugar and honey. Beat well.
- After sieving, add both the flours + baking powder + baking soda
- Mix well and add vanilla essence
- Beat egg whites separately till they form peaks. Mix it into the batter
- Mix dry fruits with 1 tbsp flour and pour it into the batter. This way they will never sink
- Put dark chocolate pieces in the secret locations of the batter. They are going to melt beautifully thus giving an irresistible surprise with every bite 🙂
- Pour into a 6 inch cake tin and bake in a preheated over for 45 mins or till the tooth pick comes out clean. [ Don’t forget to cover the cake top with foil paper to avoid the top burn]For the ganache:
- Melt nutralite butter and add chocolate chips or shredded dark chocolate.
- Add 2 tbsp of cream and mix well on sim heat.
- Your ganache is ready.
Now once the cake is baked, let it cool down for the while. Pour freshly made ganache all around it and decorate with your favorite sprinkles. 🙂 Let your valentine feel your love in the most nutritious way… 🙂 🙂
For more discussions on the World of Food, let’s connect on my Facebook food group at:
Fall in love and live it forever…Happy Valentine Day to all of you! 🙂