What do you do when you realize out of the blue that the blogpost that you are writing is your 100th one? You dance..You giggle…You jump with joy or You start baking your favorite recipe to celebrate? I am little fortunate in this case as while writing this post I realized that gosh, this is my 100th post on #KrispyKadhai and that too I am writing on my favorite topic – Cupcakes. It’s a miracle! 🙂 A 100 long nights I have spent on my blog till now and trust me, I am super happy! This blog has given me an identity and yes it has made me who I am – A simple Indian girl who loves to explore, experiment and enjoy. 🙂 My food blog journey is not easy but yes it is definitely worth. It is a journey which I want to travel throughout my life… I still remember my first blogpost around 1.5 years back.. It was rough and it was not too polished…But yes…it was beautiful in it’s own terms… It was a first tiny step towards a beautiful world of food blogging…which will continue till eternity. 🙂
Cupcakes – My favorite go to treat whenever I crave for something sweet. The beautiful decorations and amazing flavors makes us go crazy. Yeah that’s true that, being calorie conscious, most of us remove the creamy decorations of the top but this is also true that before removing them, we do lick it once.. 😀 Right?
Without the beautiful decorations, I don’t believe that cupcakes are complete.. The creamy colorful whipped cream, sprinklers, props and lot more and this makes cupcakes complete.
Christmas is all around and I am already baking lot of cakes, pies, tarts, cookies, cupcakes etx etx. This time my cupcake flowers are subtle yet powerful… Subtle flavors of strawberries and dark chocolate topped with sweet sprinklers… 🙂
Let’s have a look on the recipe!
Preparation time: 10 mins
Baking time: 20 mins
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk; beat well. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Frost with your favorite frosting when cool.
Recipe credit: Allrecipes
- Strawberry Frosting – Take heavy cream, whip till semi peaks are formed. Mix strawberry puree with it. Add icing sugar and whip on high. Put in piping bags and decorate accordingly.
- Chocolate Ganache frosting – Take dark chocolate. Boil some heavy cream in butter. Add dark chocolate. Once an even mixture is formed, spread it well on your cupcakes.
Stay tuned for my upcoming Christmas Recipes.
For more discussions on food and recipes from all round the World, let’s connect on my Facebook Food Group: From the diaries of great cooks!
Merry XMas and A very Happy New Year 2017!