O Soup, my glorious soup,
Soup that goes ‘SLURP’
Soup that goes ‘GLOOP’
Soup that is thick,
Soup that is thin,
Soup that goes dribbling,
All down your chin.
~ By Barbara Moore
Soup is one of the most loved dish all across the World. A complete meal in itself, soup has crores of fans all round the globe. People love it for it’s subtle flavors, classy tastes, health portion and moreover the ease with which it is prepared. Combined with the goodness of all the vegetables and non-vegs, Soups are a charm to your cold winter days and a love for hot summer evenings.
I have been an avid soup lover since my childhood.. thanks to my parents who introduced me to this unique culinary bliss. It’s a winter ritual in my family to have a bowl of soup daily….sometimes prepared with good ol’ granny’s recipe and sometimes with all the experiments and new techniques. 🙂 It’s a bliss to have such a unique family who is open to all kind of culinary experimentation and traditions. Very common of all the variety of soups is Tomato soup and Sweet corn soup which is prepared regularly at my household however Monchow soup, Clear soup, Mix veg soup also carve their own paths to my dad’s mind… Hahahaha 😀
Soups being a theme of our 65th Foodie Monday Bloghop this time, I decided to try out very simple yet very appetizing Rustic Tomato Basil Soup which holds all the flavors till last drop. Prepared with a unique method, this soup is super delicious and a Low fat recipe which is the best for those diet conscious people.
Presenting my Rustic Tomato Basil Soup prepared with farm fresh tomatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, spring onions and ginger. Infused with authentic traditional flavors and served with cheesy onion bread, it’s one complete meal for your cold winter mornings or nights.
Let’s have a look on the recipe.
Preparation time: 1 hr
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 6 Medium sized tomatoes
- 3 Carrots
- 1 big onion
- 1 spring onion with greens
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 spoon olive oil
- Grounded black pepper
- 2 cloves
- Red paprika
- Basil leaves
- 2 cups water
The most unique thing about the soup is the method with which it is prepared. Veggies are baked and then blended together which makes sure to infuse all the flavors within.
- Slice all the tomatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, ginger, spring onions.
- Spray some olive oil, black pepper and salt.
- Bake them for 50 mins at 140 degrees.
- Now put all of them in a big bowl along with their juices. Blend on high.
- Boil half a cup of water and mix them in the blended veggies. Blend again till smooth.
- Now heat a pan. Add 1 spoon of olive oil.
- Fry cloves and pour the blended soup into it. Add basil leaves.
- Simmer for 10 mins. Continue adding water till desired consistency is received. [ You may also add vegetable broth instead of plain water.]
- Adjust salt, black pepper powder and red paprika according to taste buds.
- Garnish with cream and serve hot with your favorite cheese bread.
I have served it with home made cheesy onion breads which you can simply dunk in the hot bowl and enjoy the vivid flavors.
A complete meal in itself this Soup recipe took us to a Food heaven. 🙂
Do try it soon and let me know your views.
Recipe credit: Little Spice Jar
Let’s connect on my Facebook Food Group for more discussions –
I am sharing this recipe for Angies Fiesta Friday where my hosts for this week are