What a World we are living in – Surplus varieties of sweets available that too with uncounted flavors… All across the World, we must be having millions and zillions of sweets in the form of Mithais, Cakes, Cupcakes, Desserts, Chocolates etc. 🙂
And one sweet thing which connects all of us across the World is Chocolate. Yes, chocolates are an integral part of our lives and we love to indulge us in these tiny sweet temptations… 🙂 As most of you are aware that I love to cook and bake, since long time I was planning to try my hands on Chocolates…as this is one of the unexplored area by me till now… But yes got a chance this time…as a part of our 56th Foodie Monday, wherein our theme is Coconut. 🙂
I thought of almost 20 recipes which could be given a try however at the end, chocolate truffles won. 🙂
Prepared for the first time by me, these truffles are made using darkest of the dark choco compound, freshly grated coconut, cream and coconut milk. The fine shavings of coconut made it super moist and yum…and the dash of cocoa powder simply made it out of the World. 🙂
Let’s have a look on the recipe –
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins + 3 hours ( chilling time)
- 100 gm Morde Chocolate Compound
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1.5 cup grated coconut
- Decorative eatables like – Color balls, Silver balls, Cocoa powder etx.
- Melt Morde compound over double boiler. For double boiler – Keep 2 glasses of water to heat in a bowl and once water started boiling, put a second bowl over the first bowl and put chocolate compound. Chocolate will melt finely without burning.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add cream. Add coconut milk. Let them simmer for 5 mins on low flame.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour cream-coconut milk mixture over it. Mix well till smooth consistency is achieved.
- Now, add grated coconut and cornflour.
- Mix well. [ You may need more cornflour in case your mixture is runny.]
- Keep in the fridge to chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Now, once it is chilled, take them out and make small balls out of the mixture.
- Roll them over decorative items and your beautiful chocolate coconut truffles are ready! 🙂
For more fun filled discussions about cuisines and food all over let’s connect on my Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FromTheDiariesOfGreatCooks/
My post is also dedicated to our 56th Foodie Monday Bloghop.