Sunday often calls for lazy brunches and easy dinners… Isn’t it? I can prepare all the heavy stuff on Saturdays but on Sunday – Nahhhhh! Infact season is also one of the reason – These days I don’t even feel like stepping into kitchen for elaborate cooking sessions… It’s like pick the fruits or blend in some smoothies or juices or prepare some light , not-so-oily dishes and come out.. It’s so hot in Delhi and Kitchens are becoming a furnace day by day… But again, till when one can avoid it? Ultimately you have to… 🙂
Keeping the same thing in mind, these days I am preparing some easy-peezy recipes which do not require long hours of planning or standing in the kitchen… One of my family favorites are Suji Idli prepared in 15 mins with loads of fresh vegetables, spices and served with delicious spicy hare dhaniye – pudine ki chutney!
These Suji Idlis are not like traditional idli which takes almost 15-20 hours for the batter to ferment.. these are the quick ones… Mix everything well, let it rest and prepare it. Let’s have a look on the recipe!
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 3 cups Suji
- 1 cup Chopped veggies – Carrots, Beans and Corriander
- 1.5 cups curd
- 5 tbsp water
- Mixed grounded spices – Corriander, Red chilli, Sambhar Masala, Garam masala etc
- Salt – according to taste
- 1 sachet Eno
- Mix all the above ingredients well and let it rest for 5 mins.
- Grease your idli stand and pour 1 tbsp on each cup.
- Steam it for 12 minutes.
- Take out. Let it rest for 2 mins. Unmould the idlis.
- Serve steaming hot with Dhaniya pudina chutney and some french fries! 🙂
For Dhaniya Chutney
Blend Mint leaves, Coriander leaves, Tomato along with spices like cumin powder, black salt, amchoor powder, salt, chillies and a dash of lemon juice. Adjust taste accordingly!
Bon appetit! 🙂
Guys, do share your feedback on the recipe here in comments.
For more fun filled discussions about cuisines and food all over let’s connect on my Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FromTheDiariesOfGreatCooks/