One of the most simplest bread to prepare is tandoori roti. I am writing this in a very very quick way – Perhaps this is the shortest blogpost on my blog… 🙂
Serves: 10 rotis
Preparation time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 5 mins
Appliance: Gas oven tandoor / Microwave / Oven / Simple Tawa
- 2 cups wheat flour or APF
- 1.5 tsp Bluebird yeast
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup Finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp white til
I personally like using wheat flour more than APF as wheat flour is still healthy!
- Mix sugar and yeast in warm water and let it prove for 20 mins.
- Mix it well in wheat flour + coriander leaves
- Knead a dough using this water + some extra warm water if required.
- Let it rest for 1 hr till the dough doubles it’s size.
- Heat Gas Oven Tandoor.
- Roll out breads in your desired shape and cut it from mid.
- Let it get baked in tandoor but give final touch on plain gas.
- Mix garlic and till in the butter.
- Use this butter to spread over the Rotis.
- Crispy garlic Tandoori Roti is ready! 🙂
Serve it hot with the curry of your choice… I serve it with my version of Baked Palak Paneer. 🙂
Guys, do share your feedback on the recipe here in comments.
For more fun filled discussions about cuisines and food all over let’s connect on my Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FromTheDiariesOfGreatCooks/