In India, TEA is considered as the real hero of the day… 80% of Indians swear on it and their morning do not start until and unless they gulp down a cup just after they wake up…
The tradition also calls for some crisp snacks along with tea and the first favorite is always a biscuit… Yes it is! The moment that crispy baked biscuit is dipped into the tea and gulped down quickly, we, the Indians, feel that we are on the seventh heaven… 🙂 But what when you know that the biscuit you want to gulp down is baked fresh at home and that too with more healthy ingredients? … The joy is doubled!!! 😀
Presenting my very own version of Pistachio biscuits, which are baked afresh using healthy ingredients like Multi-grain flour, Gram-flour and lots of Pistachios. Cooked in 20 mins, these biscuits are must have for every evening affair with Tea! Let’s have a look on the recipe:
Serves: 20 biscuits
Preparation time: 10 mins
Baking time: 25 mins
- 1 cup Multi-grain flour
- 1/2 cup Gram – flour
- 1/2 cup Oil ( Vegetable oil or Ghee)
- 1/2 cup Grinded sugar ( Mix of white and brown will be recommended)
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Pistachios
- 1/2 tsp powdered cardamon powder
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Take multi-grain flour, gram flour, baking soda, baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix well using a spatula.
- Mix oil, powdered sugar, cardamon powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the flour mix and milk and knead a dough.
- Dough should be soft enough. Add more milk if required.
- Now make 18-20 small balls of the dough. ( Make sure that balls are small enough as they will expand while baking.)
- Roll the balls over the plate of finely chopped pistachios.
- Put parchment paper over a baking tray and arrange the dough balls over it.
- There should be a proper gap between the balls so that they have enough space for expansion.
- Bake for 20-25 mins. Let it turn golden in color.
- Once done, take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- It will turn crisp once cooled.
- Store in a cellophane wrapper.
- Enjoy with your evening cuppa every time! 🙂
Do share your feedback on the recipe here in comments.
For more fun filled discussions about cuisines and food all over let’s connect on my Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FromTheDiariesOfGreatCooks/