बीत गये वो बचपन के दिन…
जब इंतेज़ार रहता था गर्मी की छुट्टियों का…
इंतेज़ार रहता था दादी – नानी से मिलने का…
इंतेज़ार रहता था उन लहराते खेतों मे भाई-बहनों क साथ खेलने का…
इंतेज़ार रहता था उन उँचे पेड़ों पे चढ़ के आम तोड़ने का…
और घर से निकालने से पहले दादी – नानी का हमसे कुछ ठंडा पीने की ज़िद्द करने का…
कहाँ गये वो दिन?
Image cc: Google
Feeling Nostalgic? 🙂 Me too! Those childhood moments are immortal and are preserved forever at the bosom of our hearts..But they come out often.. very often.. sometimes in form of photo albums, sometimes in form of belongings and sometimes in the form of recipes… Today, I have opened the same old recipe diary of my grand moms which my mother used to follow when she got married… Umm..I adore the fragrance of those old papers..I love the sepia shades which have covered those crispy white pages over the years and I simply love the way it is written… 🙂 Out of all the recipes, today I wanted to prepare that versatile Indian drink – khatta meetha Aam Pudine ka Panna!
Image cc: 4.bp.blogspot
Aam pudine ka panna has medicinal properties which saves you from heat strokes and terrible gastro-intestinal issues. With loads of Vitamin C, it is a powerful antioxidant which helps you throughout.
Let’s have a look on it’s recipe:
Preparation time – 10 mins
Making time – 10 mins
- Raw mangoes – 3 to 4
- Fresh mint leaves – Half of a bunch
- Lemon – 1 – 2
- Cold water – 1 bottle
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Black salt – as per taste
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
For tadka –
- 5-6 drops of Ghee
- 5-6 cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing
P.S – You may have to adjust the quantity of all the spices as per your taste.
- Wash the mangoes and keep it to boil with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Allow it to have 4-5 whistles. Drain the mangoes while saving the water. Let it cool down. Take the pulp of the mango.
- Take cleaned and wash mint leaves and mix it with mango pulp. Churn it at high speed in your grinder. Mix it in your mango water.
- Now add cold water while mixing continuously.
- Add spices, juice of lemon and keep tasting it while adding them.
- Once it is apt for your taste, add tadka.
( For tadka, heat ghee in a deep ladel. Add hing and cumin seeds. Once tempered, add it in the aam panna).
- Serve it with ice or let it chill in the fridge before serving. 🙂
Do share your feedback on the recipe here in comments.
For more fun filled discussions about cuisines and food all over let’s connect on my Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FromTheDiariesOfGreatCooks/