Strawberries… One of the most beautiful creations of Nature. The tangy flavors and it’s bright color always stole our hearts…Isn’t it? 🙂 Unfortunately, strawberries are seasonal and mostly available from Jan to March in India. Since I am quite addicted to these red beauties, I prepared fresh strawberry preserve in Feb this year and now those pretty bottles are resting in my refrigerator 🙂 Glad I am !
It has been a long time, more than a month, since I have prepared any recipe or posted on the blog. I may say it was a much needed break but , trust me, I missed connecting all of you. I missed writing, I missed thinking and I just missed everything. * Sob Sob * 😦 … 2 days back one of an acquaintance who recently connected with me through FB asked – Hey, I love the way you are working on your food group but don’t you cook or bake? Alas! It felt as if I am dead.. I never expected such a question but yes the fault was mine… I kept myself away from cooking for some time… But then I thought – It’s time to get back! And here I am with my quick recipe of Strawberry Splash in an Oreo tart.
It is a no bake dessert prepared in just 20 mins and kept to chill for at least 2 hours. All we need is ingredients of our choice, some love, hugs and smiles! 🙂 Let’s have a look on the recipe –
Preparation time: 10 mins
Serving time: (2 hours of chilling needed)
- Chocolate cream Oreo biscuit packs – 2
- Amul Unsalted butter – 75 gms
- Fruits ( Your choice. I chose Orange, Kiwi, dried Blueberry)
- Whipped cream
- Whipped cream – Strawberry flavor
- Strawberry preserve ( Home made )
- Silver balls
- Mint leaves for Garnishing
- Crush Oreo biscuits in a grinder.
- Pour molten butter and mix it well till the mixture is gelled well.
- Take a tart tin with detachable base and arrange the mixture all over it. Make sure to prepare the shape using your fingers, spoon and back of the glass.
- Once the tin is prepared, keep it in fridge for 15 mins.
Now time to prepare the filling –
- Whip Riches cream. Keep half of it in a separate bowl.
- Take the rest half and add 2 dollop of strawberry preserve into it.Whip it at high speed. It will turn pink in color with lovely tangy flavor.
- Take out the tart tin and spread a dollop of strawberry preserve on the base.
- Arrange fruit slices upon it.
- Spread a big spoon full of white cream. Spread pink cream over it. Put alternate layers 3-4 times.
- Arrange fresh fruits slices over the top layer and let it rest in freezer for 2 hours.
- Take the tart out of the tin. Sprinkle mint leaves while serving.
Your no bake Oreo tart with Strawberry Splash is ready! 🙂
Do share your feedback on the recipe here in comments.
For more fun filled discussions about cuisines and food all over let’s connect on my Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FromTheDiariesOfGreatCooks/