Yes. I love baking. It’s a stress buster for me. The best part about baking is that we get so much absorbed in whipping and mixing that it takes our mind away from daily chaos of hectic work-life balance. Atleast for me, yes it do! 🙂
When I woke up today morning, the sun was shining brightly with cool breeze all over. Again heart geared up for a cup of green tea and some soft warm breads directly out of the oven. I checked the fridge and found some fresh mushrooms, spinach and corn. Oh Wow! My favorite toppings were right there and I decided to bake simple garlic breads with the toppings.
You might be taking how much breads I bake, then I would like to highlight that bread baking is a weekly ritual at my home and my family loves it! 🙂
Preparation time: 20 mins + dough raising time
Baking time: 25 mins
For the dough
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp active dry yeast ( Bluebird)
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1.5 cups Kellogs Oats – Grinded
- Salt – According to taste
- Italian seasonings
- Garlic powder – 2 tsp
- 1/2 cup warm Milk
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
For the toppings
- Mushrooms sliced
- Corns boiled
- Spinach leaves roughly chopped
- Mozzarella cheese
- Seasonings + Salt
- Olive oil for brushing
- Dissolve sugar in the warm water and add yeast. Mix lightly and let it prove for 20 mins.
- Sieve the flours + oats + salt + seasonings together.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Knead it well using yeast water and warm milk. Add more water if required. Once kneaded, brush it with olive oil and let it rest for 45 mins. Dough will be doubled in it’s size.
Mix all the ingredients of toppings in a bowl and grate a good amount of Mozzarella cheese into it. Toppings are ready.
Now, arrange the proved dough in a tray accordingly and bake for 15-20 mins at 180 degrees. ( Oven or Microwave convection should be pre-heated at the same temp only.)
Keep brushing with milk for a soft bread.
Once bread is baked, slice out the upper crust. (You may keep it if you want.) Spread the toppings over it. Add more cheese and bake for atleast 5-7 more minutes.
Baked Mushroom Bread is ready! 🙂