Jingle bells Jingle bells,
Jingle all the way,
Santa Claus is coming around, riding on your way!
With cheers and festivity all around, I am sure you guys must be on the top of the world while planning your holidays. Mountains, Beaches, Desserts all look wonderful during the holiday season and with music and food, celebrations double! Right?
I have planned my vacations in my way…Lots of parties and lot of cooking & baking. Travelling still under wraps..will detail out soon! 😀
Last week I gave a try on wreath bread. It was on my mind past sometime but I was little skeptical due to some or other reason. But finally I made it and Voila!!! My house smelt so good and my people so happy! 🙂
Sharing the recipe and way of preparing it. Do make it and let me know how many laurels you won from your family!
Preparation time: 30 mins + dough raising time
Baking time: 25 mins
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp active dry yeast ( Bluebird)
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup freshly chopped Parsley leaves ( Winter bliss 😉 )
- Salt – According to taste
- 1/2 cup warm Milk
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Mushrooms – 1 pack
- Sweet corn – 1/2 cup
- Spinach – 1 cup shredded
- Onions – chopped 1 cup
- All purpose flour ( Maida ) – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 4 cups
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Mozzarella cheese – 1 cup
- Pepper, Italian seasonings and Salt – according to taste
- Dissolve sugar in the warm water and add yeast. Mix lightly and let it prove for 20 mins.
- Sieve the flours + salt together. Add freshly chopped parsley leaves.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Knead it well using yeast water and warm milk. Add more water if required. Once kneaded, brush it with olive oil and let it rest for 45 mins. Dough will be doubled in it’s size.
For wreath bread:
Make three long strands of already ready dough. Bind it together on one side. Start braiding the bread carefully. It should be just like girls braid their long hairs. Once the whole bread is braided, make it in circle and tie up the second side and first side together. Let it rest for another 45 mins.
Now bake it at 180 degrees for 30 mins. Keep brushing it with milk and butter for extra softness and gloss. The wreath bread is ready.
For mushroom dip –
- Boil half of mushrooms and grind it well along with milk.
- Take a pan and heat butter in it.
- Fry onions, mushrooms and corn.
- Add APF and fry it for 1 minute more.
- Now add milk + mushroom milk and let it simmer for 5 mins.
- Add spinach into it and let it simmer.
- Now add spices and cheese. After 2 mins, Mushroom dip is ready.
Now pour the mushroom dip into a bowl and keep it at the center of the wreath bread.
Your Christmasy affair is ready! 🙂