Chills, Blankets, Hot Coffees and Warm home baked breads.
It’s a bliss for me. 90% of the time I prefer my own home cooked stuffed and I simply get high with the aroma it spreads across my home. Yes, this is how I act – completely weird when it comes to cooking and baking. 😀 I just love it.
This Saturday was bit gloomy and low. Since morning, I was just sitting idle exploring the internet. Abhishek was busy on his client call as usual and I was like – Man. I want to run away somewhere. When nothing comes to my mind and I feel low, the only thing which can cheer me up is ‘Baking’.
I headed towards to kitchen to see what can I cook for breakfast and I found whole lot of fresh mushrooms, red-yellow capsicums, spinach, fenugreek leaves, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and what not. I smiled…yes it came back! 😀
The only thing which I can think to prepare was crisp warm breads with lots of stuffings along with hot cuppa. Chef’s cap was up! 😀 I immediately started working on the dough as the menu was –
Crisp Thin Crust Focaccia along with Juicy Calzones! 🙂
Let’s have a look on the recipes.
Crisp Thin Crust Fresh Leaves Focaccia
Focaccia is a popular bread originated from Italy. Seasoned with dried herbs, olive oil, salt and onions, this bread can be eaten as sides with many meals or it can be simply eaten as it is with your evening cuppa. With bustling flavors, this bread is to drool upon. I have prepared Focaccia many a times, but today I was in the mood to create the same in bit healthy and lighter way. So here I go! 🙂
Preparation time: 1 hr ( 45 mins dough raising)
Cooking time: 30 mins
For the dough:
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp active dry yeast ( Bluebird)
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Chane ka aata ( Chickpea flour)
- 1 cup freshly chopped Fenugreek leaves ( Winter bliss 😉 )
- Salt – According to taste
- 1/2 cup warm Milk
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Mixed dried herbs
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Dissolve sugar in the warm water and add yeast. Mix lightly and let it prove for 20 mins.
- Sieve all the 3 flours + salt together. Add freshly chopped fenugreek leaves.
- Add dried herbs + 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Knead it well using yeast water and warm milk. Add more water if required. Once kneaded, brush it with olive oil and let it rest for 45 mins. Dough will be doubled in it’s size.
- Now take half of the dough and roll it in thin rectangular form.
- Put parchment paper on baking tray and arrange the rolled out dough over it.
- Now spread onion slices, garlic and fresh cilantro.
- Spread Mozzarella cheese over it and drizzle more dried herbs all around.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 mins at 180 degrees. Brush it with milk after every 7-8 mins to give a soft brown texture.
- Once done, cut it into thin slices and serve hot with tomato sauce. 🙂
For juicy Calzones click here: Recipe