It all started with an email on a perfect Saturday noon. I was connected with Mr.Vishesh Manaktala, Director at Harmony Foodworks, through a common friend. Me being a food lover and food blogger is always on a hunt for authentic restaurants serving good food. And when I came to know about Soul & Spice Co. , a restaurant owned by Mr. Manaktala, I couldn’t resist visiting it. 🙂
Located at South Point Mall, Gurgaon, Soul & Spice Co., is a perfect amalgamation of urbanization and age old civilization. It stands unique with it’s modern interiors, cozy furniture, exclusive Punjabi food and lovely services. No. I am not saying it for the sake of saying but I have literally felt that.
The bright golden interiors with cozy colored furniture is visible from a far distance and it is itself sufficient to invite people to have a gala time while feasting on varied dishes on the menu card. As the restaurant boasts on it’s authentic Punjabi & Sindhi food, the traditional richness can be felt through the age old utensils kept there on the walls as a part of decor. Those aluminum tiffin boxes, cookers, kettles, sil – batta etc. make you travel down the memory lane when your grannies used them to prepare exclusive delicacies for you. #Nostalgic :’)
Now, it comes to food. Uhhh..what should I say? Feeling short of words! 🙂 Just one word for it – INCREDIBLE . Guys, being a high time foodie, I am famous for hunting for food here and there but most of the time it ends up on a normal note. But the food of Soul & Spice Co. has literally crossed all the levels. Exclusive dishes, on beautiful crockery, accompanied by dips, perfect plating, good portions and out of the world taste. We decided to go by the Chef’s recommendation and tried
- An exotic veggie platter – A complete platter, of veg Galouti Kebab, Paneer Tikka, Soya Chaap and Mushrooms, served with Dal Makhani, Dips and Tandoori Rotis. It was melt – in – the – mouth with a sudden outburst of flavors. 🙂 ( Rating: 5/5 )
2. Amritsari Kulcha – Aloo and Gobhi Kulcha served with Chola and Home made dip. Too too good. Softest yet crunchiest Kulcha with generous amount of fillings. It was surely a treat for the palatte. ( Rating: 5/5)
3. Paneer Rawalpindi – A super – rich gravy with soft paneer cubes which were themselves stuffed with some sort of dryfruits ( guess so!) . It was simply a burst of miraculous flavors in the mouth. But just it was too heavy for my taste palette as if I kept on finishing that I would have missed their super awesome Biryani! 🙂 ( Rating: 4.5/5)
4. Special Veggie Biryani – It was an exotic biryani made with aromatic long grained rice cooked with brocolli, carrots, french beans etc. Accompanied with Salan and Raita, it was a perfect blend of traditional spices and a slight tangy taste was making me fell in love with it. My husband, who is bit resistant to Biryanis, completed 70% of the bowl as according to him it was one of the finest biryani’s ever! ( Rating: 5/5)
5. Moti Choor Cupcakes – Now this was a dessert with a humor attached 😀 and we really loved it. It is a simple cupcake, topped with icing and motichoor laddoo. In one bite, it will satiate the craving of both Indian sweet tooth ( my hubby has it) and western sweet tooth ( I owe it). ( Rating: 4/5)
Menu Card: Array of Dishes
Apart from all the signature dishes, atleast I would say so, I would also like to highlight the wide variety of menu they serve. This is for the first time that I have witnessed a restro keeping KHICDI in their menu card. For all the people who crave for Khichdi’s while they are ill, get pumped as now illness will also open a door to tasty restro waali treat.
For all the home food lovers, why wait for an occasion to have Halwa Puri at home when you can have it anytime at Soul & Spice Co. ? Yes they do have an elaborated menu of All Day Breakfast which you can savour.
Also do you love to go to Gurudwaras especially for Karah Prasad? Yes? Start going to Soul & Spice Co. too as they are also serving Karah Prasad! 😀
I would say that their pricing is a regular one. Not expensive!
Meal for 2: Rs.1000 ( Approx.)
When a team is led by a gentleman, you can’t even have a single doubt. The staff was very polite and courteous. All of them were well dressed with a lovely smile.
Kudos Mr.Vishesh Manaktala & Ms. Anjali….Your team deserves 5 stars! 🙂
And yes, they do HOME DELIVERY too.. Cheer up Gurgaon! 😀
I have written my heart out and surely I am gonna give treat to my friends here only, the next time.
Photo Courtesy: Abhishek Agrawal