A cake full of flavors… A cake easy to bake.. A cake close to my heart! 🙂
Yes, Pineapple Upside Down Cake is very close to my heart… reason being, this is the first cake which I baked in my life. Normally people go for simple vanilla cake or chocolate cake but my choice went to this heavenly wonder.
Prepared with the freshest ingredients and whipped with thoughts and warmth, the major ingredient of this cake is of course the perfectly sliced pineapple along with candied cherries which give it a beautiful look.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Baking time: 50 mins
Maida – 1 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Granulated sugar – 3 /4 cup
Brown sugar – 3 tbsp
Butter – 100 gms
Buttermilk – 1 cup
Pineapple slices – 4 big slices. 2 small
Candied cherries – 7 to 8
Pineapple juice – 4-6 tbsp
Pineapple essence – 1 tsp
- Grease and dust a 6″ springform cake tin. Preheat oven at 180 degrees C
- Sprinkle half the brown sugar at the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange the pineapple slices and cherries at the bottom of the tin. Sprinkle some more brown sugar.
- Sift maida, soda and baking powder. Keep it aside.
- Mix butter ( room temp ) and sugar. Beat the mixture for 2 mins.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients in the butter-sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Add pineapple juice and essence. Beat it well.
- Pour the mixture upon the arranged pineapple slices.
- Keep it for 2 mins. Bake it at 180 degrees for 50 mins.
- Once it is done. Take it out from the oven and keep aside to cool .
- Transfer it to a serving plate. Cake is ready! 🙂
Note: Check if done by touching with finger after 35 mins. It should spring back when pressed. Also insert a toothpick and it should come out clean. Let the cake cool for 20 – 30 mins before taking out of the tin.