This soft simple delicious Chocolate Cake has won lots of laurels since ages. Have a slice right away or arrange it with vanilla or hot chocolate, it will never disappoint you. That’s a promise!
Let’s bake it together!! 🙂
Maida – 1 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Soda Bi Carb – 1/2 tsp
Baking powder – 1tsp
Milk maid – 1/2 tin
Vanilla Essence – 1tsp
Powdered sugar – 3tbsp
Oil – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
- Grease and dust a 6″ round cake tin. Preheat oven at 150 degrees C
- Sift maida, cocoa, soda and baking powder.
- Beat milkmaid and add sugar and oil. Beat well.
- Add vanilla essence or scrape half a vanilla bean.
- Add half the maida mix by sprinkling over wet ingredients.Add half the milk. Mix well.
- Add remaining maida mix and milk and mix to a smooth pouring ribbon consistency.
- Add soda and mix quickly. Bake at 180 degrees C for 40 mins.
Check if done by touching with finger. It should spring back when pressed. Also insert a toothpick and it should come out clean. Let the cake cool for 10 – 20 mins before taking out of the tin.